Friday, July 2, 2010

My last quarter in college

 In 1996, I took my first college class at the local community college. At the time, I was serving in the Air Force. Essentially, my goal was to earn a drama degree. In 2004, I eventually earned a degree - an A.A. in Liberal Arts. Exactly a year later I earned an A.A. in Film.

During the fall session, I moved down to Southern California to attend UCSB. I graduated two years later with a B.A. in Film & Media Studies.

The Hollywood Writer's Strike set me back. I wanted to merge into the writing industry, but WGA writers in Los Angeles and New York City failed to find a common ground with movie and television studios.

I decided to enter a graduate program. I worked hard for three years. Last weekend, I finally graduated with a Master's in Public Administration. All I have left is a directed research course to complete my thesis.

Do your best to enjoy college because time travels by in a blink of an eye. You will never reproduce your high school and college moments ever again. Enjoy them while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment