Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Writer's Store



After living in Southern California for almost 4 years, I finally visited the Writer's Store for the very first time. I'm sure glad that I decided to make the trip.

It was one of those typical Saturdays out in the Heart of Los Angeles. The usual traffic congested I-5 and I-10. The smog was less dense than it used to be in the past. Initially, I drove from Valencia to East LA because the state college had a book - in their inventory - that I needed to complete a project.

Before I left home, I already planned to visit the Writer's Store. After leaving the college, I wanted to make a trip over to West Los Angeles. Because the Writer's store closed at 6:00pm, I had to make the trip from East to West Los Angeles, which was a 46 minute obstacle, battling the heavy I-10 traffic and the heat.

While the inside of the Writer's Store appeared to be restricted - limited space - the store had the most vast inventory of writing supplies known to a writer. The writing goods sure made up for everything.

The Writer's Store had everything from film programs and books to television and film writing supplies, which made the writing submission process much more efficient.

In addition to having a good selection of writing supplies, the staff was friendly. I talked with a female employee about screenwriting contests, supplies, and other writing experiences and processes. I left the store with a film computer mouse pad, a box of standard brads, and some black linen script covers. I got everything that I planned to purchase.

Since I was low on funds, I wasn't able to buy the new Final Draft 8 screenwriting software upgrade, which cost $79. Other then that program, my first trip to the Writer's Store was a memorable experience.

The Writer's Store is located at 2040 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca 90025. The phone number is 1-866-229-7483.

No comments:

Post a Comment