Sunday, May 25, 2014

Rest in Peace: UCSB victims and survivors

On Friday night, a 22-year-old male named Elliot Rodger (son of The Hunger Games Assistant Director Peter Rodger), went on a murder spree, killing 6 UCSB students, injuring several others and taking his own life. Based on Elliot's YouTube videos and manifesto, this disturbed individual carried out his plan to destroy all those who made his life unbearable.

As a UCSB Alumni, I feel a sense of loss in this tragedy. You would never expect this could ever happen in a college community such as Isla Vista, a small peaceful beach community with the best ocean views and restaurants. I enjoyed my time at UCSB, especially hanging out in Isla Vista eating at FreeBirds and attending class at Embarcadero Hall.

I would like to pay my respects in a time of great pain. May those 6 students who lost their lives, injured individuals and all those who are connected to these victims find peace in this terrible tragedy.

I am saddened to hear about this senseless attack on innocent people. If anybody needs moral support to get through these tough times, please let me know. I'm here for you all.

My deepest condolences to these UCSB victims, families, UCSB community, Isla Vista, and all those involved in this Friday night tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment