Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dancing on the Ceiling Story

While watching Michael Jackson's Memorial, seeing various celebrities helped me remember about one comedic event.

When my fiance and I took long drives to different places, she used to tell me to call the radio station to request songs to be played. One of the songs was Lionel Richie's "Dancing on The Ceiling."

The radio station agreed to play the song, but we never heard it on the station. Another time, she told me to call and request Hall & Oates's "Maneater." You could imagine what the disc jockey was thinking about the recurring calls requesting the two songs.

The "Maneater" calls, more than likely, hinted that I was taken advantage of by a woman and was bitter about the experience. Essentially, the disc jockey thought I was probably pathetic.

When I saw Lionel Richie pay his respects and sing, I thought it was funny that I made those calls to the radio station requesting "Dancing on The Ceiling."

Once again, the Michael Jackson Memorial brought back good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment